Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
In this article, the author points out the CEO of Post News barley used the platform; I had no idea. She did have some positive comments regarding Spoutible, but also repeated the false narrative we handle our security incident poorly. The majority of our users would disagree with that assessment.
08:28 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
We patched the vulnerability, notified our users, and held a Pod within 12 hours of being notified. We partnered with two security companies within 30 days of the incident. I am not sure how we could've handle it better.
08:38 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Elektra 🖖
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Yeah but you left out the very important steps of first, ignoring the issue, and then pretending it never happened…
10:32 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ernie Smith
A
Hi @cbouzy , I am not going to get into a back and forth about all this, but I don’t think I was particularly harsh by simply pointing out that the incident wasn’t great news for Spoutible. That isn’t to say you’re running a bad network, just that it was a setback.

(Also, I’m a guy.)
10:22 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ernie Smith
A
In response to Ernie Smith.
I certainly have seen worse messaging from other networks and CEOs over the years. But when I asked people elsewhere if they had been using Spoutible one user said this incident discouraged them from taking part.

However, I have a friend in the space who is a fan. So take from that what you will.
10:25 AM - Apr 27, 2024 (Edited)
Ground Control
A
All of which puts this platform leagues ahead of the rest, old or new. Of all the Twitter successor platforms, this is the one that may make the real difference because of that consciousness.
09:30 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
Another faceless half assed story. Writing from cliff notes without examining facts is lazy.
09:15 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Woke/Saying NO to polls.
Might have even used ChatGPT if they were particularly lazy enough. Not even kidding...there's a reason why the bottom of the ChatGPT prompt box warns its user of inaccuracies.
09:32 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
This is a 😒 meh. The writer joined Spoutible after realizing he hadn’t! Also pointed out the security breach in passing! Nothing about it after since he is not a part of Spoutible community. This made realize that so many people are missing out by not being a part of Spoutible, it’s special🥰.
08:49 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Deborah Conway.
Part of joining a community like ours is accountability. The writer is part of an industry where accountability is ducked wherever possible. So not much of a surprise, yes?
09:33 AM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}