Lil
A
Hey folks, please don't attack Jasmine.

They're a Biden voter, who posed a question for discussion, i.e., an opportunity for us to talk to each other about a campaign issue. Like it or not, it's an issue for our coalition.

Maybe a discussion here will give us ideas for discussions IRL.
01:19 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Lil.
I promise I didn’t attack.

I just blocked.

I don’t believe the male profile pic & the female name are real.
(If we’re talking about J DuBois)

Unless you can vouch for this person that you know them in real life & saw them vote for Biden with your own eyes, all I see is K-Pop pictures.
01:40 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Jade In NM
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
You must have never been around many fangirls who plastered their notebooks, lockers, walls and now profiles with the images of their star crushes.
01:50 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
I'll vouch for Jasmine being who they are and the sincerity of their Biden support
01:50 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Lil.
It IS possible for a question to be answered without attacking the questioner.
01:29 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Lil.
There’s a tone
implicit in how
the question
was worded,
intentional or not.
🤷🏻‍♀️
01:26 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Pamela B'well.
Tone does get lost online.

In this case, I didn't hear the tone you heard. I understand how people did, though.

Generally speaking, if we want Spoutible to grow and thrive in a spirit of camaraderie, in my opinion we collectively need to err on the side of magnanimity.
01:34 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Jasmine DuBois
A
In response to Lil.
This is why I'm afraid of posting stuff on platforms. I always worry about how people will react and that just makes me want to not post at all. Thank you for this.
01:25 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Ennis Cole
A
In response to Jasmine DuBois.
I'm kinda glad you asked it. Full transparency, I saw it and audibly said to my phone, "oh this will go well..." but I got no issues with it being asked.
01:58 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Tricia
A
In response to Jasmine DuBois.
Don't be afraid to post but understand that if people feel your words create voter suppression there will be push back and that's part of the work we do to create a better democracy. It's okay for any of us to hear push back, we've all experienced it. I certainly have & I've learned from others.
02:04 PM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}