jenn ○f many things
A
thread 1/2
Does anyone else feel a strong pull to be in a forest? Every time I pass one, I feel it pulling at me. Especially if a creek or river is near. Now, I just have to get over my fear of the many predators in Alaskan forests and go for it. I see people jogging with earbuds & no bear spray all the time.
04:24 PM - Apr 26, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
thread 2/2
I think they are crazy. They are running, which sets off a predators hunting instinct, they can't hear a predator coming, and they have no defense! And yet, people do it every day here... and none of them get mauled. I think I would be much safer than them. And far less nuts.
04:24 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
Yes, I've seen probably about a dozen+ black bears in VT, NH and Maine, but just short glimpses while driving. Not even out deep in the woods on Mtn Bikes, possibly b/c bikes are noisy enough to alert them and they aren't that interested in human contact.
In response to jenn ○f many things.
07:32 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
Have you seen them hiking and out and about, or just in a vehicle?
07:34 PM - Apr 27, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
I have either been in a vehicle, in a building, or formerly inside a building but ran outside to see the bear in my yard. Same for moose. I have not worked up the nerve to hike here. I walk around the neighborhood and see wildlife (even a lynx!) not bears. But bears walk all around my car sometimes.
08:00 PM - Apr 27, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
It's the brown bears I am really afraid of, and, I've recently been chased by a moose. Animals pop out here when you least expect it. Plus, there are wolverines, wolves, & martens. All of which can attack. It's just 2 many for me. Ha! We live at the base of the Chugach mountains so, tons of animals.
08:05 PM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}