Nonna
A
Help! How can I keep the rabbits out of my flower garden? I covered them in garlic and the smell seems to have repelled them for a while, but this buddy here got a little too close this morning even with a fresh batch of garlic powder! I've tried male urine and that didn't work either.
01:50 PM - Apr 29, 2024 (Edited)
Bev Turner
A
In response to Nonna.
Not sure it will work on 🐰 but have you tried a mixture of cayenne pepper powder mixed with a bit of water? The problem is you have to reapply after a rain.
01:53 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Nonna
A
In response to Bev Turner.
I have tried red pepper, but not missed with water. I'll try it. Thanks!
01:55 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Nonna.
If you are feeling lazy you can buy some spray called Deer Off (available at Home Depot) instead of mixing on your own. It has capsaicin (hot pepper compound) as well as a component that smells like rotten eggs (doesn't make your yard smell like eggs but does act as a deterrent).
01:59 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Nonna
A
In response to Sneaky Burrito.
"If you are feeling lazy" well ... you didn't have to get personal! 🤣😂

Have you tried these on rabbits? I'm wondering how the rotten egg smell doesn't stink up my garden if it repels the rabbit? Do you know why?
02:02 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Nonna.
I had more of a problem with deer when I used it. Although I didn't see any rabbits either. I think the main thing is animals' noses are just more sensitive than ours so a very low percentage of active ingredient can deter an animal but be unnoticeable to us.
02:13 PM - Apr 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}