Heidi Hafeken
A
There's a Venn Diagram showing those folks get phone scammed, too, isn't there? Bet there is.
Dave @opusworks
Because the only poll that will matter in the end is the one that takes place when we cast our actual ballots in November!
05:45 AM - Apr 30, 2024
09:13 AM - Apr 30, 2024
Virginia Crochets and Stuff
A
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
My MIL called the other day to tell us that someone called for my husband’s ex who he was married to briefly in the late 80’s. They said she owes them money. Being helpful she talked to them. But the ex has been dead for a long long time. 😬 🤦‍♀️
Mil has had her identity stolen several times.
09:31 AM - Apr 30, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Virginia Crochets and Stuff.
That sounds like zombie debt. SOL is looong over but they paid 1 or 2 cents on the dollar for it, so they'll try to collect it. They had no business disclosing any of that to someone who's not the debtor.
09:38 AM - Apr 30, 2024
A
Yup, we figured as much. She was a nice lady but terrible with money. She passed a long time ago so they are reaching back decades for that debt!
We explain over and over to mil not to answer numbers she doesn’t know. They will leave a message if legitimate.
09:42 AM - Apr 30, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Virginia Crochets and Stuff.
Definitely zombie debt. They can call random people, they can search the person on the internet.
09:43 AM - Apr 30, 2024
A
I showed her, we are linked online. Google your own name and it shows all the people you’re related to or associated with.
09:45 AM - Apr 30, 2024
A
Yup, we know. Thank you.
11:38 AM - Apr 30, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}