Diogenes Wept
A
thread 1/2
This fuckin guy went on a thread-spree to make the man/bear discussion all about himself. He can intensely hate whatever the fuck he wants - just as long as he manspreads into someone else's discussion space.
Matlock @keyofw
Okay I've had my fun but now I've had some time to seriously consider the #ManVsBear trend going around. I had an initial red flag reaction to it, and the more I've thought, the more red flaggy this is, so here's a thread on why I intensely hate this kind of discussion:
12:51 PM - Apr 30, 2024
12:28 AM - May 01, 2024
Diogenes Wept
A
thread 2/2
*They. Apologies for the misgendering.
01:32 AM - May 01, 2024
Milla Mélomane
A
In response to Diogenes Wept.
They're nonbinary and concerned we're not taking NB people into account in the scenario.

I don't entirely agree, as this feels like a "Not All [Whatevers]" response, but I don't begrudge them Having Feelings about it and sharing why.
01:13 AM - May 01, 2024
Diogenes Wept
A
In response to Milla Mélomane.
29-spout-thread to discredit a vibrant discussion among women and prove that because they, specifically, is not a threat, then the whole conversation should be trashed. Mmmm, no. Sorry, but I'm not persuaded.
01:28 AM - May 01, 2024 (Edited)
Auntie CC .
A
The "not all men", devil's advocate comments are something else. Women fear men until they can prove otherwise. Period.
12:44 AM - May 01, 2024
The Phantom.
A
No. He didn’t.

I don’t understand why you are in his space.

He’s allowed to post and have thoughts. Just like you and everyone else.

He didn’t point his post at you or anyone else.

You’re seeking out an opportunity to be offended.
12:32 AM - May 01, 2024 (Edited)
Diogenes Wept
A
In response to The Phantom..
Oy. Messy hot-take. He spent 20+ spouts on how offended he was by OUR discussion on the threats men pose to women. Sit down. Be quiet. Read the fuckin' room.
12:46 AM - May 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}