Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
I am not an attorney, and the following opinion is formed from personal observations and life experiences. I think there's a strong possibility that Trump will be convicted in NY. Initially, I was doubtful, but hearing that Trump reportedly sleeps through the trial each day changed my perspective.
07:05 AM - May 01, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
His behavior likely irritates the jury, who must endure the lengthy proceedings while he appears to dismiss the significance by sleeping. It suggests a level of arrogance, as if he believes he's above the law. This impression could influence the jury's decision, leading to his conviction.
07:05 AM - May 01, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
If convicted, overturning on appeal seems feasible. Maybe the prosecution has a strong card up their sleeve.
01:48 PM - May 02, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
He's likely to learn like Martha Stewart did, he's not popular in Manhattan.
02:05 PM - May 01, 2024
OmaB
A
Is he sleeping or is it the drugs he takes?
10:46 AM - May 01, 2024
CPfromCA
A
I wouldn't place bets on any potential outcomes.
Though I believe most folks who get on a jury take seriously the responsibility, there's always the possibility of at least one having an ulterior motive.

If this were a movie I'd probably like the twists, but as reality, not so much
09:49 AM - May 01, 2024
Carol Truman
A
That is what I have been thinking all along. But he seems to be made of teflon so I remain fearful. 😨😱😩
09:31 AM - May 01, 2024
Royce Hansen
A
I agree and the prosecution seems to be spot on, producing more damning evidence with every new witness, solidifying their case.
08:29 AM - May 01, 2024
Ground Control
A
Then there's how he acts when he's awake, which is equal parts bullying, arrogant and rude. That's going to turn them off as well.
08:09 AM - May 01, 2024
Coastal Cat
A
In response to Ground Control.
Let’s not forget the contempt of court.
08:19 AM - May 01, 2024
Linda Careaga
A
I fervently hope it does make them see what an arrogant jerk he is. I don’t care if he goes to jail. I just want him to be convicted so hopefully he loses the election.
07:50 AM - May 01, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Linda Careaga.
Given how he has all but crippled RNC leadership and finances, losing the election is looking likely with or without a conviction. When HE'S in sole charge of an op, he fucks it up...every time.
08:11 AM - May 01, 2024
Lexis Nexus
B
Or some jurors see him as an old man being harassed 😬
There is always one of those.
07:21 AM - May 01, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Lexis Nexus.
His actions while awake will likely kill any pity they have for him. Prosecutors are pretty good at weeding out those.
08:12 AM - May 01, 2024
Build the Future
A
All his actions indicate that he believes he’s above the law. He should be convicted. I think the SCOTUS is trying hard to establish that he is above “some” parts of the law…it’s absurd…but their behavior is troubling.
07:17 AM - May 01, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Build the Future.
True but SCOTUS isn't doing it for him. He's a lost cause if ever there was one. They're doing it for some hypothetical future dictator who knows what he's doing.
08:14 AM - May 01, 2024
Art D
B
The lack of integrity and respect for people will be his ultimate downfall. Look at how much time and money this leech steals from everyone. It's disgusting and needs to stop. You're a clown, tRump.. Grow the eff up. #donaldtrumpisacriminal
07:14 AM - May 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}