Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
If you dismiss & look down on "red states" maybe this is an opportunity for you to ask yourself why it's okay to write off all the "blue" voters in these states, who are often working for change locally with the odds overwhelmingly stacked against them by their anti-democratic state legislatures 🤔
Josol @Josol1626
So tired of the constant Florida bashing! Just stop it!!! We are fighting down here. Support us- don’t attack and assume you know what is going on! Christopher is predicting we will turn blue and get rid of this horrendous GOP super majority. Let’s fight to make this a reality!!
08:27 AM - May 02, 2024
09:04 AM - May 02, 2024
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Yeah, I get exasperated at people saying: "lEt tHeM sECede!"

I think: *Why? So they can bring back Jim Crow, then set up the Birth Gestapo and the Book Firemen?*

Points to anyone recognizing that last reference.
10:39 AM - May 02, 2024
Gary Gegan
A
People forget that even California was a red state not so long ago.
09:57 AM - May 02, 2024
Kathleen F789
A
Well said, David. I've lived in Virginia for 30 years. I know the waves can change from red to blue and back multiple times. Virginia had been moving purple to reliability blue until Youngkin became governor. He's made enough missteps that hopefully we've stemmed the tide, but no states are safe
09:17 AM - May 02, 2024
A
In response to Kathleen F789.
Yes! I lived in Arlington/Alexandria mid '90s to 2014, in the early '00s I started and co-ran the Arlington chapter of Drinking Liberally, hosting weekly gatherings at local restaurants, and sending weekly newsletters with articles & local info. Completely get it 👍
09:19 AM - May 02, 2024 (Edited)
Josol
A
Thank you!❤️
09:11 AM - May 02, 2024
A
In response to Josol.
You are super duper totally 100% very welcome 😃
09:12 AM - May 02, 2024
Kathleen Fuller, PhD
A
Due to gerrymandering, Missouri is a red state even though the cities, where about half the population live, vote blue.
09:08 AM - May 02, 2024
hal
A
Because we all want the 'easy' button.
09:06 AM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}