Anthony Lee
A
thread 1/6
Countdown to My Debut Novel Release

22 days and counting...

Doctor Lucifer by Anthony Lee will be available for sale on the websites of Amazon and Barnes & Noble starting May 24, 2024. You can preorder the ebook now.

Read this thread for today's fun facts about the book. 🙂
10:58 AM - May 02, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
thread 2/6
When I was in medical school and briefly in residency (first year only before calling it quits), I was so stressed out. Two simple pleasures in life that seemed ordinary before became emotional lifesavers: listening to music and watching movies. They helped destress me during those tough times.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 3/6
When I created the character of Dr. Mark Lin, I needed something to make him unique, given that all protagonist docs in medical fiction are smart. I decided to also have him destress with music and movies. This is why my debut novel, and future novels in the series, has song and movie references.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 4/6
Obtaining permission is required for including song lyrics in books, so I avoided that. Instead, my song references involve the title and artist, a description of what kind of song it is, and Mark's emotional state while listening. People unfamiliar with the songs do not need to worry.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 5/6
For movie references, I interweave the titles and sometimes notable movie quotes into my dialogue and narrative. Makes the book more interesting and not feel entirely like an academic medical narrative. Of course, I don't overdo it. I just do them more occasionally.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 6/6
I hope my use of music and movie references in my story will make it more interesting and unique compared to other medical fiction out there. 🙂

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}