MEAction NOW
A
thread 1/3
Hello 👋🏼 Spoutible 🐳 community
I'd like to spread awareness about an illness ME/CFS that impacts 2.2 M 🇺🇲 and 17 M 🌎🌏

You must've never heard about it - it impacts me. TODAY I am HOPING🤞🏼 YOU🫵🏼 will spare a few mins to learn about it and share about it.

Thank you 🙏🏼
MEAction NOW @MEActNOW
Several studies show that #MECFS is one of the most debilitating chronic illnesses. Many patients have symptoms around the clock and have lost many of the things that really matter: social network, career, leisure activities etc. Your support may mean the world.
#MEAwarenessHour

🙏🏼 ECHO/Share

ht
03:27 PM - May 01, 2024
05:53 PM - May 01, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 2/3
Me/CFS is a spectrum illness. Patients range from severe (unable to work, bed bound, unable to socialize, Walk, talk much, in many cases they can't eat properly either as they have developed allergies etc), moderate, mild.
In mild cases too, it's pretty bad due to PEM - Post Exertional Malaise.
05:57 PM - May 01, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 3/3
Please see my pinned spout to understand PEM - which is a hallmark MECFS symptom.

I was severe for many years - I got a bit better, but most patients don't improve much. It's known to be triggered after infections in many cases and onset gradually in some.

Thank you for reading this message.

htt
06:00 PM - May 01, 2024
Colleen Redding ☮️
A
Fascinating stuff- hoping all this research can yield more useful results for so many impacted by these syndromes!
In response to MEAction NOW.
12:44 PM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}