Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 1/11
I’ve got my hot chocolate, it’s time.

I’ve been off for a little while now while my mind was sorting some things out. Problems for me, coupled with the main talking points here, made me step away. I made good use of my time and was busy, but thought I would share some of them for those curious.
02:02 AM - May 02, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 2/11
As most of you know I’m a stay at home dad. Getting to stay home and raise my kids has been a challenge and a blessing. Eternal props to single parents I don’t know how the hell you do it, other than you have to. I’ve been asked what line of work I’m looking for, how long I’ve been unemployed, when
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 3/11
am I going back to work, and other similar questions. When I met my wife I was under employed. I had lost my job the year prior, four and half years at one company and 13 at the previous one before it was bought out, and was doing deconstruction appraisals. I was just getting by. Using my savings
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 4/11
during the slow months, then I started getting less and less work. Ended up as an office manager. No high paying or very glamorous jobs, although I did finance and make a movie, and lost all the money I put into it. But hey, I made a movie you can watch and that I’m in… yeah. Anyway, fast forward
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 5/11
to a few days ago. I overhear my wife telling someone that’s she’s never dated someone who was successful. That stung. When I started at the cab company I was a delivery driver, then moved into dispatch, then management. Before I met her. She only knows that I did it, but wasn’t around for it. Ok
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 6/11
so try to shrug that off. Then later she’s talking about an adults only school dinner with the principal and suggests that since kids aren’t allowed, only one of us should go. I know what you’re thinking, get a sitter. I’m not getting into it, other than to say she’ll allow a limited number of
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 7/11
people to watch the kids. So she’s suggesting I stay home. Oh, ok. I try and look at the bright side, I won’t have to try and make small talk with people I don’t know, I guess that’s a bonus. Then she tells me that she’s taking the kids to her folks for the weekend. Which is cool, I get stuff done,
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 8/11
kids and grandparents get to hang out, it’s all good, until she’s says “I need to get away”. The only things really left behind are me, the dog, and the cat. And I take care of the animals. So what’s she getting away from? So here I am, always struggling with my self worth, and this series of events
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 9/11
occur. Yeah, I’m feeling really good about myself. Then bear vs man breaks loose. I get it. I understand the logic. I even called out someone. But damn, there was a lot of negativity towards men, yes rightfully so, but damn. I had to step away. While none of them were directed at me, they still had
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 10/11
an effect on me. Like there was a line just waiting to tell me how much of a useless shit I am, and that I’m hated. The ringing of “you’ll never live up to your potential” in my head, followed by the thought of, “you’re not successful”. I guess I’m not, and never will be, nor will I ever know what
Karl S the Typo King
A
thread 11/11
I was supposed to live up to, or what my potential was supposed to equate to being. I’m just some dude, trying to live, completely lost on what I’m supposed to be doing. Because I guess this isn’t it 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ll try to be around more tomorrow. Be good to each other.

Good talk
Sami Lee
A
Lots of love and cookies can’t do too much damage, lol. I’m sure you’re doing a fantastic job!!
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
03:48 PM - May 02, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Sami Lee.
Thank you, although I know I make mistakes too, but I keep reminding them how much I love them.
04:02 PM - May 02, 2024
Sami Lee
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
There is no perfect parent. Unconditional love and support will make up for the small mistakes along the way that all of us make as parents, imho.
04:09 PM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}