April Sparkles
A
I’d love to attend one of the large quilt shows. There’s so much history, family and social stories, and traditions woven into a quilt.

💛

#Quilting #Quilts #Quilter
02:06 PM - May 03, 2024 (Edited)
Jenny Leung
A
In response to April Sparkles.
We’ve tried to come up with a total number of quilts my grandmother has made over the last 25 years. Each of her six children, their spouses, and grandchildren have 2-3 apiece. A legacy of love for sure.
02:31 PM - May 04, 2024
That Clark You Remember
A
Japanese make some of the most amazing quilts ever.
03:18 PM - May 03, 2024
April Sparkles
A
In response to That Clark You Remember.
I'd love to see them in person. I've seen them online and in books. Talk about intentional artisans. Have you seen some in real life?
03:20 PM - May 03, 2024
Cookie
A
If you ever get the chance, go to the American Quilter's Society Museum in Paducah, KY. It's fabulous.
02:26 PM - May 03, 2024
April Sparkles
A
In response to Cookie.
It's on my list of places to visit. I've heard wonderful things about it. 💛
03:14 PM - May 03, 2024
Tracy I
A
It would be really fascinating, I've seen a few great displays at the CA State Fair. As a non quilter (Ok, usually I do give input on design and color on some of my wife's baby quilts) I very much appreciate this underrated (let's be honest, underrated because historically done by women) art form.
02:14 PM - May 03, 2024
April Sparkles
A
In response to Tracy I.
I'm always intrigued by the stories hidden within some of the antique quilts I've seen. The hours of intention sewn into a useful piece of art are admirable.
03:17 PM - May 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}