Scarab Rose
A
These may be the traditional definitions, but not often how the word is being used today. So today it is not only a question of context, but of definition also.
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker @ImNobodyToo
Interestingly, there are two definitions. 1 is a Zionist is a person who supports development the Jewish state (now Israel. 2 Zionist refers to independent Christian churches in Africa that also include African traditions.

It's the context that's the issue when it's used as an insult or epithet.
04:29 PM - Apr 29, 2024
05:16 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Lawrence Carico
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
Can you please elaborate? How is it being used today? Pardon my ignorance but I would really like to hear it from you. I only know of the nationalist movement to establish a Jewish state in Palestine that started in the late 19th century.
05:40 AM - Apr 30, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Lawrence Carico.
(1. To be cont.)
We agree on the definition, which seems irrelevant now because there is a country. Some of the ways I have heard the word zionist used recently seems to be: pple who don't think the country should be eliminated; Israelis who don't think the country should be eliminated; cont...
05:49 PM - May 03, 2024 (Edited)
Scarab Rose
A
Jews who don't think the country should be eliminated; pple who agree with every Israeli government policy: Israelis who agree with every Israeli government policy; Jews who agree with every Israeli government policy; pple who are pro genocide; Israelis who are pro genocide; Jews who cont...
05:57 PM - May 03, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
pro genocide; white colonists, as they relate it to the country of Israel; Jewish colonists, as they relate it to the country of Israel; white European Jewish colonists, as they relate it to the country of Israel; Jews.
Clarification: when it is used to say someone is pro genocide cont...
06:07 PM - May 03, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
when used to say someone is pro genocide they are specifically talking about genocide of Palestinians, not other genocides.
I am sure I have heard the word used in more ways recently but this is what comes to mind now. If I think of others, I may add them. Or you and / or others may wish to.
End
06:12 PM - May 03, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
You thoughts, @caesura30 ?
02:50 PM - May 04, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}