Dorothy P
A
thread 1/4
I was introduced to I, Claudius by Robert Graves back in high school. It was my gateway to Ancient Roman history, which led to studying Latin, which led to medieval history, hey, did you know the Aztecs were part of medieval history? Time for a deep dive before I hit Spanish missions in California…
03:49 PM - May 04, 2024
Dorothy P
A
thread 2/4
Sorry, I digress. Back to I, Claudius. I literally read several paperback copies of it and Claudius the God to pieces, and watched the BBC miniseries multiple times. That miniseries was the reason I was never surprised when Captain Picard brought all of his Starfleet authority front and center.
Dorothy P
A
thread 3/4
I was always like, “I don’t know why y’all think Picard is some kind of pushover. Did you not see how he tried to play Tiberius against Caligula?” Again, I digress (but I stand by that argument). Anyway, I recently learned the Libby app has two unabridged audiobook versions of I, Claudius, and
Dorothy P
A
thread 4/4
I borrowed both of them.

I don’t really have a point here except to say if you don’t see much of me in the coming days, this is the reason.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}