Scarab Rose
A
1 thing the epidemiologists told us during covid is that, to contain a pandemic, you have to get ahead of it. You have to err on the side of doing more, and if successful, will never know if you've done more than needed. It seems like we are already chasing after this thing, not getting ahead of it.
MEAction NOW @MEActNOW
This article from April 2023 outlines how the H5N1 🐦‍⬛🦠 BIRD FLU could go human to human if it acquired the E627K mutation.

⚠️ The E627K mutation has now been found in the infected farm worker who suffered from conjunctivitis.

It’s just a matter of time now, I guess 🤔

🔗https://www.science.org/co...
09:54 PM - May 04, 2024
10:53 PM - May 04, 2024
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
We are never going to get ahead of a pandemic in this country. I now know this.
10:55 PM - May 04, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
I know, and thank you for the reminder. I may as well get rid of and let go of any faux surprise and shock now, as well as sadness, grief, and rage. And not expect people I care about to do the correct thing, and just do what I think is the best for me to do, regardless. Ugh and sigh.
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
11:57 PM - May 04, 2024
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
It's insane. I, for one, can't afford to be out of a job for 11 months again. I won't survive mentally. We can't close down because both sides will riot this time, but we should. I KNOW the government won't do what I need it to do so the best I can do is hope I don't get it and continue on with life
12:01 AM - May 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}