Karen Springer
A
thread 1/2
I ran out of suet, to feed those baby-making birds. Told myself the last case was the final one, for the season. I lied to myself. Bought another, yesterday, just cuz I like the nature watch, too.
Waiting for the 1st psyched bird to show. The word will spread, quickly. #NatureWatch
Nefarious Newt @NefariousNewt
Got to the pharmacy and it turns out they don't open for another hour. I saw a squirrel scurrying from one garbage can to another, looking for food. So I went to the market and bought a bag of critter food, came back, and spread some out on a patch of ground near some trees. #NatureWatch
09:53 AM - May 05, 2024
10:05 AM - May 05, 2024
Karen Springer
A
thread 2/2
Took longer than I thought, but the winner was the lil downy woodpecker....my favorite.
10:41 AM - May 05, 2024
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to Karen Springer.
I used to stop feeding once Spring officially started, but I see these bedraggled squirrels in my backyard pawing through the remains of my feed and my heart breaks. Same with the birds, pecking at the dregs of the bird feeder and on the ground beneath it. They don't have natural sources anymore.
10:42 AM - May 05, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
It's been cold, at night. Leaves are really just starting to come in. I usually stop feeding them when it warms up a little more. Hopefully, this really is the last case!
10:50 AM - May 05, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Karen Springer.
That feeder will be one of the hottest reservations in town.
10:09 AM - May 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}