Annie Bee Good
A
Hubs is finishing up The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich & is struck by the uncanny similarities between Hitler & Trump. He's a pretty understated, composed guy so I was surprised at his agitation. It's like he's known Trump is awful, but now he realizes how truly dangerous he & his movement is.
12:38 PM - May 05, 2024
Henning Dekant
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Growing up in Germany much of our history classes were dedicated to understanding how Nazi Germany came about. The parallels are indeed frightening.
12:51 PM - May 05, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Henning Dekant.
I think I was surprised by his level of emotion. He's pretty stoic & self contained. I read Third Reich years ago, but also Trump was on my radar back in the 80s. I was shocked when he won the nomination for the 2016 election. I couldn't believe so many people couldn't see what was so obvious to me.
01:27 PM - May 05, 2024
RA
A
At some point in the current events, I realized that Trump and Republican fascists aren't just like the Nazis, they have studied Hitler's rise to power and are following his plan. 😬
12:46 PM - May 05, 2024
The Harlander ✅
A
Try Daniel Goldhagen’s “Hitler’s Willing Executioners: ordinary Germans and the holocaust ” as a follow up read.

You won’t look at your MAGA hat neighbors the same again.
12:43 PM - May 05, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to The Harlander ✅.
I already look at them differently & don't think I will ever be able to let them slip back into some "different from me, but generally benign" category ever again. But thank you for the recommendation!
01:31 PM - May 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}