Annie Bee Good
A
Hubs is finishing up The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich & is struck by the uncanny similarities between Hitler & Trump. He's a pretty understated, composed guy so I was surprised at his agitation. It's like he's known Trump is awful, but now he realizes how truly dangerous he & his movement is.
12:38 PM - May 05, 2024
Henning Dekant
A
Growing up in Germany much of our history classes were dedicated to understanding how Nazi Germany came about. The parallels are indeed frightening.
In response to Annie Bee Good.
12:51 PM - May 05, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Henning Dekant.
I think I was surprised by his level of emotion. He's pretty stoic & self contained. I read Third Reich years ago, but also Trump was on my radar back in the 80s. I was shocked when he won the nomination for the 2016 election. I couldn't believe so many people couldn't see what was so obvious to me.
01:27 PM - May 05, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
I thought Hubs understood my level of concern, and he found Trump & the policies his enablers and supporters espoused repulsive, cruel, & economically bad for working people, but the depth of the events and characterization illustrated in Third Reich was like an unveiling for him. He's DANGEROUS.
01:36 PM - May 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}