Mary Cole
A
35 to 70 seem like reasonable limits to me for both POTUS and the SC justices.
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/10/04/most-americans-favor-maximum-age-limits-for-feder...
11:28 AM - May 05, 2024
Rnsilverlake
A
In response to Mary Cole.
Interesting the lack of focus on qualifications?
11:58 AM - May 05, 2024
Mary Cole
A
In response to Rnsilverlake.
I agree qualifications are an issue, but the article is focused on age. In this country we assume voters do some reasonable amount of research and evaluate the person & their qualifications. MSM and SM are propaganda tools to slip past evaluations. K-12 education isn't helping to set standards. 😒
12:37 PM - May 05, 2024
Rnsilverlake
A
My point being this is nothing more than another distraction as age alone as a qualifier is meaningless. Look at the current members of government, under age of 60 who don't even understand how things work.
12:47 PM - May 05, 2024
Mary Cole
A
In response to Rnsilverlake.
For sure.
However, the founding fathers etc. seem to have thought that Americans would have sound judgement when given the facts. Lots of problems with that assumption.
12:49 PM - May 05, 2024
Rnsilverlake
A
The thought all humans would continue to evolve seems to be a major flaw also. 🤔🤨🤯
12:53 PM - May 05, 2024
RA
A
They did not. The Founders very vocally didn't trust people at all. That's why only white, landowning men were given the right to vote, and even those votes are filtered through Senate districts (giving land more power than voters), the electoral college, and representative democracy.
12:54 PM - May 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}