Khrissy Choate
A
I tried to find the story on this that Medhi Hasan cited in his tweet, and couldn’t. I can’t even find the tweet on his TL. Do you have links for either?
MEAction NOW @MEActNOW
Yes. Planned. Planned. Planned.

“Top Secret: In a 2018 letter, Netanyahu asks Qatar to fund Hamas”

All the people screaming ‘you’re pro Hamas’ at college protesters should probably aim their ire at the prime minister of Israel who insisted Hamas be funded to the tune of millions of $$$!

🔗🧵👇🏼

Accuracy Alert!

The provided source does not substantiate the claim made. The snippet mentioned from Muck Rack refers to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's decision to shutter the offices of Qatar but does not provide any information on a 2018 letter where Netanyahu purportedly asked Qatar to fund Hamas. Therefore, based on the given source, we cannot verify the statement claiming Netanyahu insisted Hamas be funded by Qatar.

04:56 PM - May 05, 2024
05:18 PM - May 05, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
The link to the article is 🧵 in my spout.
The link to his tweet is in my 🧵 as well.
08:25 PM - May 05, 2024
Michael Whitehead
A
Hamas has been a Likud-enabled project for decades, though to be fair all Israeli governments have worked to kneecap secular Palestinian political consensus

https://www.latimes.com/ar...
05:52 PM - May 05, 2024
Larry Canuck
A
No tweet to be found.
But there's this:
A plan cooked up between 45's government, Qatar and Netanyahu. Intended to keep Hamas in power but not too strong, and it all blew up in Bibi's face when Hamas went rogue.
https://www.nytimes.com/20...
05:46 PM - May 05, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Larry Canuck.
I've linked to both in my 🧵
10:00 PM - May 05, 2024
Obsidian
A
This is the dirty little secret that the media and most people are missing. Netanyahu and Hamas NEED each other. They each need the other to be the Boogie Man for their supporters, in order to justify their own respective hatred and existence
05:26 PM - May 05, 2024
Alexander Nevrmind
B
In response to Obsidian.
Yes ⬇️
05:41 PM - May 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}