Dıanna
A
Apropos of maybe nothing, can we acknowledge how broken our social structure has become?
The resentments of those who work outside the home for those who shoulder the silent strain of care-giving, especially when extended family support is nonexistent?
It does take a village, working together.
09:36 AM - May 06, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Dıanna.
The biggest hurdle I needed to overcome in securing employment in an elder care facility, aside from my age, was explaining the chunk on my resume where I listed 'Unpaid 24/7 Home Health Aid' for my parents with such prominence.
09:40 AM - May 06, 2024
Dıanna
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
That it would be a hurdle for employment is simply nonsensical...
09:42 AM - May 06, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Dıanna.
The criteria US society considers and values in these circumstances nowadays is a product of all the ills that have led us here. There are many like me. There are even more women holding down jobs, shepherding kids and keeping the household intact, simultaneously, than that. Our values are wrong.
09:46 AM - May 06, 2024
Dıanna
A
I was in the latter group ...solo¹ parent with no family nearby. It was shocking to realize how thinly we're all spread

¹not single, but spouse traveled all week
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
10:11 AM - May 06, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Dıanna.
Single literally and single actually can be a muddled mess many can't recognize or understand. Thank you for being strong, for working together we shall make for a better future.
10:17 AM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}