Charlotte Clymer
A
In case it wasn’t clear to everyone: if you’re an American, stay out of Russia. It doesn’t matter if you’re civilian or military, innocent or guilty, know the language or don’t — none of that matters. They’ll frame you on fake charges and use you as a bargaining chip.
05:11 PM - May 06, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to Charlotte Clymer.
Exactly-- Russia is basically taking hostages. I'm sure we have intelligence operatives there but anyone else should stay as far away from Russia as possible. (Russia has attacked people in other countries as well so they are a global threat.) Let's all hope that somehow the Putin regime falls.
10:10 AM - May 07, 2024
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
That IS kind of a no-brainer, isn't it?

Might be fun to send Colonel McKinnon there -- but his Kremlin friends would cover for him.
09:33 AM - May 07, 2024
Angelique Yaich
A
How has this not been clear for the last 10+ years?
08:36 AM - May 07, 2024
Jack Spatz
A
I wouldn't bargain for him at all. Let him wait until the political situation has stabilized. I don't know anything about this guy except he's been taken but I'm guessing he was lured by a honey trap. What else could explain going to Russia?!
08:50 PM - May 06, 2024
DrMHasOpinions
A
That's why I could hardly believe that dumb Canadian family that moved there to escape "woke-ism". I was not at all surprised by what happened next.
07:03 PM - May 06, 2024
Eddie Sangalang
A
Sounds like the plot to an 80's cold war movie, but as Brittany Griner can attest, it doesn't matter who you are, they'll arrest you on trumped up charges and hold you indefinitely.
06:03 PM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}