Trauma Epidemic
A
'All the adults!?' No. None of this is absolute or obtuse regarding reality. Nevertheless the approach--absent better alternatives--has more potential than outrage and reaction. And we'll feel better for it. And that matters too.
#diligence
#UnderstandingIsNotCondoning
Trauma Epidemic @BeanOpenMind
We *can* 'throw a better party' if we first understand, then assess and strategize--as opposed to 'fighting'. Children, of course, seem most accessible, yet let's 'read the room' with regard to 'the children!' (and stop putting social change on kids) and 'invite' the adults, whatever form it takes.
09:04 AM - Mar 16, 2023
09:08 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Serendipity
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
You don’t think abusers - personal and in the public domain - count on their targets to be more mature and understanding and use that to harm them through manipulation and betrayal? It can be counterproductive to devote much energy to understanding people who don’t care about you.
09:40 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Serendipity.
Great question. Mind if I quote echo the reply?
10:00 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Serendipity
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
Please. Interested to have more discussion around it.
10:09 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Spiritual Workout
A
In the spirit of adding to the discussion (no idea where this post will land in this thread)...hurt people hurt people. To #becompassionate is to ALSO endeavor to address/diffuse the hurt in the one doing the hurting.
07:04 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Serendipity
A
In response to Spiritual Workout.
Imagine what good things you could do for yourself and for people quietly suffering with the time and effort expended on trying to understand people who enjoy nothing more than to see you waste your energy that way. Part of being compassionate is being effective.
10:21 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Spiritual Workout
A
I don't see them as mutually exclusive even a little bit. An intention to be compassionate is just different from an intention to be effective. One person can intend to be both. As one who believes compassion is what will change society for the better, I choose to practice it as much as I can.
01:15 PM - Mar 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}