Yolanda
A
The injustice that has been experienced by Black people in this country for centuries accounts for all of the greatest legal failures in US history. The same justice system that prosecuted so many innocents is the same system working now. This only has your attention bcz it is someone you detest.
lm law @lm
10:13 AM - May 08, 2024
10:27 AM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Yolanda.
When I engage with people concerned about authoritarianism coming to America, I often remind that it has always been here. They just weren't in any of the groups that experienced it.
10:38 AM - May 08, 2024
Yolanda
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
Exactly. It was nonexistent until they experienced it.
11:28 AM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Yolanda.
Then becomes the challenge of working through "How dare you point this out!". Not exactly in those words, but facial expression says so much.
11:30 AM - May 08, 2024
Yolanda
A
It is hard for some to accept that they have been so privileged that they didn’t notice and could ignore the very real experiences of their neighbors.
11:34 AM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Yolanda.
I've never been to a high school reunion. I suspect the folks I'd meet are for the most part crappier now than the crappy I remember from then. I came back in 2012. The county is more affluent, much more diverse, but much more stratified too. Not spoken out loud, more so in tight social bubbles.
11:44 AM - May 08, 2024
Yolanda
A
I would agree with you. I haven’t been to a reunion either but have come across a few online and have been disappointed at some of their postings. They are capable of getting it (smart women, I went to all girl schools), they just choose not to.
11:52 AM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Yolanda.
I spend a lot of time pondering fear. Probably too much time. How it manifests itself and how it erodes a person. I have my fears. It's very personal. I've gotten better at containing them. When I make eye contact with someone, I always wonder what specific fear may be staring back at me.
12:08 PM - May 08, 2024
Yolanda
A
I am not sure if I understand the point you are making. Would you explain a bit more so that I can properly respond? ☺️
01:29 PM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Yolanda.
Everybody is afraid of something. I approach people as people who are afraid of something. I think fear is a huge driver of actions. No one is an object or an abstraction to me. Everyone is unique and complex.
01:32 PM - May 08, 2024
Yolanda
A
So their fears inform their decisions and what is important to them. That is true for some. Others really don’t want change and don’t consider other people’s lives or choices.
01:36 PM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Yolanda.
Oh, for sure. I'm not saying it's perfect. Far from it. It's what I can do though. I like talking to people. I talk to as many as I can. I think Biden is like that.
01:38 PM - May 08, 2024
Yolanda
A
It’s a way to engage people and find a way to move forward. Understood. 🙂
01:40 PM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Yolanda.
Specific to me. You will find a different way. Many hands make light work as the saying goes.
01:41 PM - May 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}