Drea
A
Q2: Do you grow outdoors, and if so, which is your favourite outdoor plant? #SpoutAbout #Growing #Gardens
09:24 PM - May 08, 2024
Madeleine
A
In response to Drea.
I love bee balm. So pretty.
11:53 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
In response to Madeleine.
I managed to grow nicely for two years and then it went pffft. And I haven’t been able to since. I love the peppery taste of the flowers.
11:54 PM - May 08, 2024
Mark Ham
A
In response to Drea.
We have a tiny back yard, but grow yellow and black raspberries, red currants, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, tomatoes and figs. The cherry was supposedly a dwarf tree but it has totally outgrown its spot. If we don’t get any cherries this year, we may say bye bye to the tree.
10:13 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
In response to Mark Ham.
I’m on a city lot. I have strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, zucchini, and a variety of peppers, as well as oregano, dill, chives, thyme, basil in the back

Raspberries, blk currants, saskatoons, oregano, hyssop in the front. Always looking at ways to maximize growth.
10:19 PM - May 08, 2024
Adele Not the singer
A
In response to Drea.
In 14 years I have planted mulberries, blackberries, raspberries, serviceberry, grapes 🥰 it’s a wildlife refuge
09:58 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
In response to Adele Not the singer.
Sounds beautiful. I have raspberries, currants, grapes, and hopefully saskatoons this year.
10:00 PM - May 08, 2024
Sue Lee
A
In response to Drea.
Rhubarb. It comes back every year, love watching it poke thru the mulch after the snow melts and turn into a huge leafy plant. We cut it several times over the spring/summer and give to neighbors and relatives. We just used the last of the chopped/frozen this week and picked the first of 2024.
09:42 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
In response to Sue Lee.
I'm sad because I don't have a place to let the rhubarb grow - and I make a lovely vanilla rhubarb jam, so I have to go asking every year for friends to give me extra.
09:44 PM - May 08, 2024
rob
A
In response to Drea.
african daisies. where i live it rains almost zero from may to oct. they thrive even in drought and are covered in blooms all summer.

they’re annuals, but where there’s no frost act like perennials. and they self seed. i love a low maintenance plant that looks great with neglect.
09:36 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
In response to rob.
Self seed a lot of what I grow - it's how I ended up with pansies in the strawberries and dill and oregano over every inch of the yard.
09:39 PM - May 08, 2024
E Z
A
In response to Drea.
Can’t grow Hostas in Los Angeles.
But you can in W. PA.
Heavenly hostas.
I’m hostile for hostas.
09:35 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
In response to E Z.
Really? Is it heat related?

I have some beautiful hostas both in the front and back yard.
09:36 PM - May 08, 2024
Myles from Nowhere
A
In response to Drea.
Basil #Gardens
09:28 PM - May 08, 2024 (Edited)
Drea
A
In response to Myles from Nowhere.
One of my favourites to do indoors and out.
09:29 PM - May 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}