Lil
A
Dr Oz's wife is an Asplundh on her mother's side.

Yep. Same tree service family.

Media tried to gloss her family as New Age-y, but the family is affiliated with an unusual (to be kind) Christian sect based on Swedenborgianism that's over 200 years old.
Lola @Lola
This story is wild. This newlywed Katherine Asplundh (née Driscoll), tried to bully a woman into breaking Instagram's rules about selling handles and then demanded to see documentation that her name was also Katherine Asplundh.
02:58 PM - May 08, 2024
11:16 PM - May 08, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
If I was her new husband's family I'd be pissed she was using their family name to harrass people. She's going to be a fun daughter in law... for a while.
In response to Lil.
11:53 PM - May 08, 2024
scribblegurl
A
In response to 2PupsMommy.
Tbh, they both look super punchable.
12:51 AM - May 09, 2024
Lil
A
In response to 2PupsMommy.
My good friend who left the church-cult (we call it The Borg) responded to this story with: "That's what happens when you inbreed too aggressively" and "Bryn Athyn is known for its inbreeding." (Bryn Athyn, PA is the home of the church and the Asplundhs.)
12:18 AM - May 09, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Lil.
Man, it's always something with these religious nuts. I was wondering the other day... if you added up all the net good and net bad done by all of the world's religions, how would it shake out? Because I'm starting to feel like religion has outlived its usefulness.
01:08 AM - May 09, 2024
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Lil.
Yup. Not too far from where I grew up. The Swedenborgians (Swedenborgers?) were as odd as they come. My Mom was friendly with one prominent member but (in Mom's words), "I think she's missing a few chromosomes).
02:19 PM - May 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}