Nefarious Newt
A
Until you travel to a foreign country and are around Americans on vacation or on business in those countries, do you realize just how insufferable of a people we can be.
05:49 AM - May 09, 2024 (Edited)
Courtney Kimmelman (she/her)
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
Especially in this country. I am an Dual Citizen and I notice behaviors that Americans do that truly make me shake my head.
10:41 AM - May 09, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
It's because of our incessant exceptionalism messaging that many Americans are self focused and arrogant when comparing themselves to other cultures & civilizations. They think they invented everything good.

I feel complimented when I'm mistaken for Canadian.
10:21 AM - May 09, 2024
Blanche Davidian
A
or....you can be backpacking at a remote Sierra Lake with lots of nice camping spots when about 5 Germans walk in about dusk and set up camp 10 yards from you
10:16 AM - May 09, 2024
Ground Control
A
The American Southeast is also a great place to find that truth out, provided you're living there and working a menial enough job.
10:11 AM - May 09, 2024
David James
A
In fairness, it is not all Americans… I worked for CIGNA insurance in the UK and then for the Bradford Exchange so I had fair amount of contact with Americans, and the percentage of assholes to normal people is about the same as the rest of the world. However, when you are actually in America…
08:27 AM - May 09, 2024
Jamie Daniel
B
Agreed!!
06:18 AM - May 09, 2024
Lorelei La
A
So true! There are lots of American tourists where I live and they frequently make me, an American myself, cringe in dismay. My old boss once said I was “very American in a good way” and I unfortunately knew immediately what very American in a bad way would be.
06:11 AM - May 09, 2024
Dina Loves Dogs
A
😂 so true. Could be I lied and said I was Canadian to avoid negative associations 🤔
05:54 AM - May 09, 2024
Lee Bruce
A
In response to Dina Loves Dogs.
😆 🤣 😂 when we were in New Zealand visiting a museum, the staff there told me we didn't have to tell them we were Canadian because they could tell just the way we walked and interacted with the crowds.
06:33 AM - May 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}