Helen
A
thread 1/9
Tyler McBrien: Necheles asks Daniels about her extensive experience in the adult film industry—

Q: You have a lot of experience in making phony stories about sex appear to be real right?

A: Wow. The sex in the films is very much real, just like what happened to me in that room.
10:42 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 2/9
Q: You bragged about being good at writing dialogue and sex scenes in adult films, right?

"If that story [with Trump] was untrue, I would have written it to be a lot better," Daniels quips, delivering it like a punchline.
10:42 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 3/9
We're back to the hotel suite—the black-and-white tile of the floor—and Necheles asks whether that was part of her prep, that she was coached to include details.

A: There's nothing wrong with preparing a witness.
Q: That wasn't my question.
10:44 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 4/9
Necheles continues to search for chinks in Daniels' armor, the inconsistencies between small details in her testimony and her book, saying that she was coached to "match" the details.

I don't need to match details to my book, because that's the story, Daniels says.
10:44 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 5/9
Necheles seizes on more inconsistencies: isn't this is a totally different story from the one you told in 2011?

I believe this is about the InTouch magazine phone interview.

This has been a constant strategy in the cross—pinpoint each time Daniels' story changed, and exploit it.
10:46 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 6/9
"Please allow the witness to answer," Merchan cuts in, as Necheles peppers Daniels with question after question, each picking a different nit in her seemingly conflicting stories.
10:47 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 7/9
Now to another inconsistency: dinner vs no dinner.

Necheles reads Daniels' statement on Kimmel, in which she said "I'm very food motivated," and Daniels just giggles to herself and her food-driven actions.

But Necheles says that Daniels said she had eaten at the hotel in 2011.
10:55 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 8/9
Apparently in 2011, Daniels had said "during dinner" which she now says meant "during dinner time," though much to her chagrin, dinner was never served.
10:55 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 9/9
Trump's lawyer notes that Daniels didn't speak about her reluctance to go to the dinner in this interview.

Daniels: "This is an entertainment magazine," she says, noting that it's "light" and "frivolous."

Later: "It's an abbreviated, entertaining version of the event."
10:59 AM - May 09, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
Respect for Daniels. She's made her way and built a business in a man's world where I'm sure nobody ever wanted to take her seriously. She's tough. I've sat on juries. That defense lawyer peppering her with questions like that is not going to help the case as long as she doesn't crack. She won't.
In response to Helen.
11:20 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Agreed, Bob! She deserves some credit!💮
02:02 PM - May 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}