Liz Adams
A
I've known adult children literally take away the keys. But they had to find alternative transportation, because the parents couldn't be left stranded. It's a frightening situation.
Josol @Josol1626
Serious question. How do you take away the car/driving from senior parents (89) when they are adamantly unwilling to stop. I understand they want their independence but there are major safety issues here. They are wanting to buy out the lease and keep the car. Anyone here had success with this?
07:45 AM - May 10, 2024
09:28 AM - May 10, 2024
Darcy
A
In response to Liz Adams.
It was a process getting my grandma to stop driving. She only agreed once she was in a place where she felt sure she could get alternate transportation and lived close enough that family could take her to doc appts etc, places her retirement community bus didn't go. That's definitely a key piece.
09:55 AM - May 16, 2024
The Harlander ✅
A
We had the doctor declare that they were unsafe as a driver. Vision, reaction time, mobility. They weren't happy... but accepted it.
09:44 AM - May 16, 2024
hal
A
My late MIL *literally* kicked and screamed. It was awful, but very necessary. Every so often we'd hear from the local dealer she'd always bought her cars from that she was trying to get him to sell her another.

I wish they'd take my car TODAY. But I understand it signified more for her.
09:35 AM - May 10, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}