Christopher Bouzy
A
Dark Brandon was first used to mock Joe Biden, and then it was adopted by his campaign. #FactCheckMe

Accuracy Alert!

Based on the provided sources, the claim that the "Dark Brandon" moniker was first used to mock Joe Biden before being adopted by his campaign appears to be largely accurate. This term originated as a detrimental meme created to caricature Biden, with sources such as www.reddit.com, www.dailyo.in, and en.wikipedia.org confirming its initial use by critics. Eventually, Biden's campaign began using the "Dark Brandon" meme, as mentioned in articles by www.truthorfiction.com and medium.com. Thus, the sources confirm that "Dark Brandon" was used both as a means of ridicule and later, as a part of Biden's campaign.

05:30 AM - May 07, 2024
Anneliese Vankerckhove
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Well that's what I call a nice feature 🤩 I notice lots of people are testing it by clicking on the hashtag. Will it be possible along the line to (immediately) see that a post has an accuracy alert (before clicking on it)? Thanks in advance!
07:36 AM - May 07, 2024
Phred
A
In response to Anneliese Vankerckhove.
Anneliese - look at this screenshot then try to do it. Especially on the spouts that people are using the hashtag. Let me know how it goes. 🐳
07:54 AM - May 07, 2024
Anneliese Vankerckhove
A
In response to Phred.
Thanks, Phred! When I apply that on your message here, it does show a "0" to indicate no fact check. However, when I click the hashtag, Spoutible redirects to the search section and there it doesn’t show a fact check was done…
08:07 AM - May 07, 2024
Phred
A
You are correct.
Here’s a task for you. Click on the hashtag again where it takes you to search. Scroll down to see each spout that has that hashtag.
Then go into the 3 dots to find the Fact Check feature. And click it for any that hasn’t yet reached the 5 required clicks to trigger the feature.
08:16 AM - May 07, 2024
Anneliese Vankerckhove
A
In response to Phred.
Okay, I will! But I don’t see how that would solve the issue though? As the original post here was already fact checked, yet it isn't showing in the search section. Only if I click it, will it show the alert. I think the suggestion by @alexandru is a good one:
https://spoutible.com/thread/31189042
08:26 AM - May 07, 2024
Phred
A
Oh wow. I completely misunderstood. You know what you’re doing! Y’all may have found a hiccup. Excellent job.
@cbouzy when the inaccurate spout is displayed in search, the accuracy alert isn’t attached.
08:34 AM - May 07, 2024 (Edited)
Anneliese Vankerckhove
A
I wonder if this will be added to the feature, because people tend to use the "search" section when looking for breaking news on a platform (instead of scrolling through their "following" timeline). That way the alerts will be even more effective to stop fake news from spreading in my opinion 🤓
In response to Phred.
04:35 PM - May 13, 2024
Phred
A
Annaeliese - it’s probably already on the list. 🐳🐳
06:22 PM - May 13, 2024
Anneliese Vankerckhove
A
In response to Phred.
I just saw there was an update, but haven't seen the search "bug" fixed yet. It sure seems @Spoutible is hard at work though!
08:30 AM - May 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}