Michael Freeman
A
I assumed he was a Special Ops team member. For those of you who don't know, those guys are especially tight, and I assume this guy had some very close friends. If I was that cop, I'd be feeling pretty nervous about now.

Just saying ...
07:33 AM - May 14, 2024
Marc
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
Not gonna just let this story fade. This is a problem...the problem with police response, and this officer needs to be held accountable and those officers, particularly with this Sheriff's office, need new leadership and better training.
07:57 AM - May 14, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
In response to Marc.
No doubt. But it's more than just "training". "More training" is taking on the mantra of "thoughts and prayers".

The only way to stop this shit is to gut and rebuild the entire system. The systemic racism that pervades law enforcement gives assholes a license to kill with no accountability.
08:06 AM - May 14, 2024
Marc
A
Unfortunately, we confront systemic racism daily in our country. In instances like these, we can significantly enhance training methods both legislatively and judicially, exerting maximum pressure for accountability. This focused approach is crucial for enabling pragmatic systemic change.
08:12 AM - May 14, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
In response to Marc.
I beg to differ.

How long have we been murdered in cold blood by law enforcement? And how long have we pursued the "more training" solution? And more importantly, has it ever worked? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results IS insane.

We need to think outside the box.
08:34 AM - May 14, 2024
Marc
A
Understood. To me, systemic change means ensuring all communities, including Black ones, receive the same fair and improved policing as predominantly white areas. It's about balancing idealism with actionable strategies to achieve equity in law enforcement—a goal widely supported across communities.
08:49 AM - May 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}