Klobby L
A
Day 3 of the cabinet reno. I’ve plugged up the darn hole between the cabinets where things went awol. And I’m so excited that I found slide out spice organizers that fit our 8.5” shelves! Now how to organize the spices? I’m inclined to put the most used in the bottom rack. Does anyone alphabetize?
03:30 PM - May 14, 2024 (Edited)
k Broquard
A
In response to Klobby L.
I alphabetize most of my spices on a shelf.
I often put cinnamon on my oatmeal so I turn the chili powder container Upside down to make it harder to confuse the spices.
03:55 PM - May 14, 2024
Abstracts by Nancy/fbook
A
In response to k Broquard.
🙃
04:00 PM - May 14, 2024
Tracy I
A
In response to Klobby L.
I’ve tried to alphabetize, my wife rejected that scheme on the next reorganization because she says spices and seasonings should each be grouped together. As far as I can tell, this is nonsense because in practice she prefers to put things back in whatever opening is available and rummage.
03:53 PM - May 14, 2024
Klobby L
A
In response to Tracy I.
I’m going to have one rack of the most used, and the rest will start by being alphabetized. Imma start taking bets on how long that will last in this house lol
04:17 PM - May 14, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Tracy I.
I have 2 drawers for spices. 1 is located next to the stove top & includes herbs/spices most commonly used for savory meals. The other is in my large peninsula where I typical prepare sweets/baked goods. Sometimes they crossover into the other purpose, but the organizational divide remains.
01:10 PM - May 15, 2024
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Klobby L.
My husband alphabetizes. It has led to some funny situations where dehydrated garlic was next to ginger, which has a similar color, and, well, he had to throw out some oatmeal because he put garlic in it when he was cooking in a rush, rather than the ginger that was one jar over.
03:46 PM - May 14, 2024
Klobby L
A
In response to Sneaky Burrito.
🤣🤣🤣
03:47 PM - May 14, 2024
Jamie
A
In response to Sneaky Burrito.
One of those taste bud surprises you DONT want!
03:58 PM - May 14, 2024
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Klobby L.
I would tend to put most used where they are easiest to get to. I have 2 shelves dedicated to herbs and spices, both have 2 level lazy susans on them for as many as I can fit- one shelf has baking spices and flavorings, the other cooking herbs, spices and herb mixes.
03:36 PM - May 14, 2024
Klobby L
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Thanks Ellen! I had a 3 tiered shelf thing until today and getting those back bottles was a circus act with occasional catching and juggling. So excited to try this new organizer. Silly how excited this kind of improvement gets me 😆
03:40 PM - May 14, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Klobby L.
I keep the most used closest to hand. Then alpha for the rest.
03:31 PM - May 14, 2024
Klobby L
A
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
I might try this as well. The only pitfall is what if you get a new kind and that messes up the order? I guess I wouldn’t have to label the drawers since they are alphabetized. I could shuffle them over. Hmm….
03:35 PM - May 14, 2024
Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
In response to Klobby L.
I gave up alphabetizing because of the husband. He'll shove the bottles back where they fit. 🤣
03:31 PM - May 14, 2024
Klobby L
A
In response to Woke/Saying NO to polls.
I think our husbands are related. My oldest might do that as well 😂
03:36 PM - May 14, 2024
Tracy I
A
In response to Woke/Saying NO to polls.
My wife does most of the cooking and prefers to rummage so I gave up. This was fine until more recently with her mobility issues she sends me to get xyz spice from the pantry. OMG it makes me want to break things! I HATE rummaging!!
03:57 PM - May 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}