Political Prozac
A
I really like Spoutible but I fear that it is facing the same issues as every other alternative site. It is insular. I love you guys but it is mostly liberals. Mostly people with similar views. We don't see any conservatives, or even non political accounts really.
07:32 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Chris Baker
A
In response to Political Prozac.
I'd like to see some sane conservative voices on Spoutible, too. If nothing else, I hope we'll see some legitimate news organizations and journalists join the site when general registration opens.
08:08 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Polycule_of_One
A
I don't think we'll likely ever see much "conservative" presence here. The right wing long ago morphed into the "reichwing," embracing Trumpism & Qanon & degenerating into outright trolldom.

What "conservative" voices even exist anymore that aren't something-something-phobic & filled with hate?
07:48 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Political Prozac
A
All this said, maybe I'm missing some accounts that I should be following. Do we have journalists here yet?
07:38 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Virginia
A
The pre-register folks are self-selecting to pretty liberal folks. As the site opens to general registration I suspect things will diversify.
07:38 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Political Prozac
A
In response to Virginia.
This is fair. And I also didn't realize we were still preregistered only. That does make quite a bit of sense.
07:40 AM - Feb 07, 2023
C.old N.ovember
A
Too new for political accounts to start over again here.
Plus the same is valid for conservative. No recognizable audience yet. For conservatives, there's of course the additional hurdle of will their truth be seen as truth here. aka how hard will the fake news bat come down.
07:37 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Hope
A
To be fair, I don't think the 'other side' would be that interested in a Twitter alternative and therefore signup for the preregistration... They have twitter, with their godking running it... After the doors open that may change, as people leave twitter, the trolls may want to come argue still :)
07:37 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Lisa Rene
A
Conservatives = disinformation.

The platform isn't open yet.

Those would be two current reasons.
07:35 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Political Prozac
A
It's still very early so I hope as it gains more acceptance we see more people come over. I don't really know how you pull it off. It seems incredibly hard.
07:34 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Political Prozac
A
This is the problem that Gab and Parler and Truth Social etc faced. "It's twitter, but for Nazis!"

This currently is "Twitter, but for sane liberals!" Which is obviously better, but some of the fun of twitter is mixing it up. At least with sane people.
07:36 AM - Feb 07, 2023
David Binkowski
A
I'm wondering if Musk charging to use the API is going to kill any type of quick and easy migration.
07:36 AM - Feb 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}