Redanne Bolynn
A
Bravo 👏🏼 Yes!
The roughly $7 dollars + change increase supposed all for “license fee” increase, big crock of 💩💩💩.
Dennis A @DharmaDog
Google, why can't you sell some of that plentiful commercial space reserved for carriers on YouTube TV before you pick our pockets? I mean we all love the moments of Zen, but I could go without to save money. Also think you still don't have enough 4K content to justify charging for the add-on.
08:34 PM - Mar 17, 2023
08:39 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Dennis A
A
In response to Redanne Bolynn.
They have a lot of unsold commercial space. That's what is supposed to be in the moments of Zen.
08:54 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Redanne Bolynn
A
In response to Dennis A.
Oh I gotcha on that, your point they should sell ads in place Zen bring cost down?

I used to license broadband channels in previous life biz, understand ad sales, started career at one of the premium ‘bugs’.

Believe their ad sales @ nat’l level w/out opportunities to sell local = missed reven
09:11 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Dennis A
A
I have a question. On my Roku TV, when I fast forward thru a Moment of Zen, I see commercials in the preview box instead of the moment of Zen. It's that like default ads and they split the revenue or something?
09:22 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Redanne Bolynn
A
Mmm, believe Roku in preview box might be what’s called forced advertising. Because of low cost, no choice for ad free version. The ‘Zen’ commercial might be timing issue w/forced ads?
Idk, wild guess really.
In response to Dennis A.
11:50 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Dennis A
A
I figured out that what's in the preview box while fast forwarding/rewinding is actually the commercial that is broadcast by the cable channel and covered up by the moment of Zen.
11:55 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Redanne Bolynn
A
In response to Dennis A.
Ahh. Kinda ‘timing’? Ha.
I don’t have Roku so truly guess. Cheers!
12:05 AM - Mar 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}