phil_lewis_
A
New story from me: Instructors are putting their jobs at risk by teaching at a church. Volunteers are organizing Freedom Schools. Teachers are displaying Black books in protest of unclear state law.

Here's a look inside the fight to preserve African American studies in Florida.
09:18 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Deb
A
In response to phil_lewis_.
I have been mostly opposed to homeschooling but would likely homeschool my children now if they were exposed to the garbage curriculum currently used in Florida.
02:02 PM - Aug 15, 2023
Marisa Ward
A
Essential reading.
10:06 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Lori Farmer | Ed.D. Loading
A
Marian Wright Edelman, a civil rights legend and founder/president emeritae of the Children's Defense Fund, built Freedom Schools into the DNA of the organization years ago. Anyone in the country who is interested in starting Freedom Schools in their area should check this out:
02:30 PM - Feb 12, 2023
FabLife ROYAL EXPERT
A
A wonderful read. More power to those fighting the bans anyway they can.
11:28 AM - Feb 12, 2023
John Haakenson
A
This is incredibly important. These people are brave in doing this. It’s hard to imagine that we are confronting book banning in the 21st Century. Florida citizens really need to get their act together. Voting matters and elections have consequences.
10:02 AM - Feb 12, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to John Haakenson.
Outstanding! Thank you for sharing this.
10:46 AM - Feb 12, 2023
EthanObama ???? (Us/We)
A
IDK...this feels like abolitionists hiding in a barn teaching slaves how to read.

Black history should be taught in the open and to everyone. Not just to black people.

We are forced to learn their history so they should be forced to learn ours.
09:03 AM - Feb 12, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
I wish more people understood how awful Ron DeSantis is.
11:45 AM - Feb 08, 2023
Colleen Butcher
A
It is disgusting that continued racism flourishes in this Country. #FightAgainstRacism #TogetherWeFight
09:22 AM - Feb 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}