Jamie Schler
A
Here is the Republican War on Women in one single article and it’s horrifying. Horrifying.

https://www.salon.com/2023/03/15/i-need-a-woman-looks-like-she-got-punched-become-more-openly-pro-ab...
03:07 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to Jamie Schler.
I moved to the US to be with my husband, but reading stuff like this! 😔 I know things have never been perfect here, but this war on women is frightening. It scares me!
08:45 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Beth Noble Ahlstedt
A
In response to Becca M-F.
I am truly worried for my granddaughters. The Republicans have a bought-and-paid-for SC majority who believe in the principles of UK 17th-century jurist, Matthew Hale, cited by Alito in the Dobbs decision. The GQP wants to totally disempower women & render them dispensable incubators.
09:14 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Becca M-F
A
Whilst I have the luxury of being able to leave if I choose, the U.K. Tory party is hell bent on making the U.K. a carbon copy of the US. Already privatising healthcare through the back door. Europe may be the answer for us. My parents want to leave for France.
In response to Beth Noble Ahlstedt.
11:40 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Beth Noble Ahlstedt
A
In response to Becca M-F.
That's a big move to make. In the US, Republicans see everything as a for-profit venture. If they had their way, education, police, fire, etc. would all be for-profit. As it is, our healthcare system is a patchwork of mostly for-profit orgs. subsidized by taxpayers, but 27.5 milllion are uninsured.
12:16 PM - Mar 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}