Point Loma Pam
A
The power of language! Los Angeles Times will stop using “internment” to describe mass incarceration people of Japanese ancestry during World War II. The Times will use “incarceration,” “imprisonment,” “detention” or their derivatives. All media should do the same.
#WordsMatter
#AAPIHistory
02:19 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to Point Loma Pam.
This is interesting to me because I was taught that the definition of internment is imprisonment. I wonder what others were taught.
09:40 AM - Mar 19, 2023
Rebecca Romani
A
San Diego was particularly enthusiastic @ rounding up those to be incarcerated, processing them in the horsebarns of Del Mar before sending them out.
Read Dear Ms. Breed for more information. Or George Takai's show, Alleigance, or the show the Old Globe did recently, Hold These Truths by J. Sakata
03:38 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Rebecca Romani
A
This is such an important article.
03:28 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Daniel Pinion
A
Is there an evolving school of thought that FDR was no more moral than Hitler? Perhaps in the future younger generations will come to regard them as one and the same and the conflict of World War Two will be seen as nothing more but the clash of industrial giants fueled by capitalistic greed.
02:40 PM - Mar 18, 2023
TwentyTwentyUSA
A
This has been a fascinating story to follow...
Thx for sharing...
02:29 PM - Mar 18, 2023
GRANDma isn't Right
A
My son-in-law's grandparents on both sides of his family were forced into the "internment " camps in Hawaii.

#NeverForget
02:24 PM - Mar 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}