Portia McGonagal
A
Remind me when any of the white men who held the position of VP and were considered their party's presumptive nominee (regardless of party) were treated as VP Harris has been? Also, remind me which ones met w/as many foreign leaders and constantly zig-zagged the country.
12:28 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Kara Calavera
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
Well, there have only been white men who've held her position, so obviously none of them could've been treated as such! (I jest.)

I predicted on Twitter years ago that the GOP would go after her for 2024. Biden's practically Teflon. Their best bet is to try to "Hillary" Kamala Harris. /1
12:38 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Kara Calavera
A
But I'm not sure how successful that will be for them. The Biden team has used her quite tactically, shielding her from a lot of criticism. She's been important to the admin, but they haven't put her out in front for press scrutiny. /2
In response to Kara Calavera.
12:41 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Kara Calavera
A
She's not been sidelined like most VPs in history, but she's not in the forefront like a Dick Cheney. She's not working against POTUS like some have. She's working in tandem with Biden, and the press can't quite grasp that. Or, rather, it simply doesn't fit their preferred narrative. /3
12:48 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Kara Calavera
A
The idea that he'll drop her as VP? BS. Media theater.

The media plays that card after every POTUS's first term. If he has low approval ratings, it's "Will he dump his VP for a better shot?"

If he has high approval ratings, it's "Will he dump his VP for the one he really wanted?" /4
12:53 PM - Feb 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}