Richard Allaire
A
concise explanation: Critical Race Theory is a framework that looks at how race and racism shape our lives and experiences. It focuses on how racism is embedded in law and policy, and how it affects people's access to power, resources, and opportunities.

What is there to be scared of? Help?
02:07 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Mine Totry
A
In response to Richard Allaire.
What I don’t get as a black person is why learning about atrocities of people in the past imeans that you’re guilty of the atrocity if you have the same skin color. I don’t know why they would feel that they’re guilty of the atrocities if they didn’t and aren’t trying to keep those atrocities going
05:41 PM - Feb 07, 2023
LilTaiz
A
Ok gonna try this out from stuff I’m reading 😀 may take more than one spout. For those who profit from racism and how it shapes, our lives and experiences, CRT poses a danger to “the economic system in which poor white people were offered the “psychological wages” of whiteness while they continued…1
02:49 PM - Feb 07, 2023
LilTaiz
A
In response to LilTaiz.
2/2 …to struggle to feed their families.” If we understand that we are being played we will be less likely to vote against our own self interest. So CRT is a fundamental threat to a system that creates the likes of Musk, Bezos and the rest.
02:50 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Mine Totry
A
In response to LilTaiz.
Wow! Exactly!
05:36 PM - Feb 07, 2023
William Tulloch
A
It's all part of the dumbing down of racism by High SPF using Americans (aka "white people"). Unless you're burning the cross or attending the lynching, you're not racist. So if you claim our society is impacted by racism, you're saying all white people are evil. Doesn't have to make sense.
02:30 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Richard Allaire
A
In response to William Tulloch.
good perspective, i look at it as less, i'm evil and more how can we raise the tide for all. i'm not a fan of the reparations movement but i absolutely believe we can "do better". i get the sense the reluctance to even try to understand is purely fear of the introspection.
03:34 PM - Feb 07, 2023
RA
A
Sounds like the opposite of white supremacy. So I think we can all guess why some people are against CRT.
02:10 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Mine Totry
A
In response to RA.
Why do you see it that way?
05:38 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
Nothing. It’s just a new “scare word” republicans can use to rile up their uninformed base. The average voter who is terrified of CRT hasn’t a clue what it is.
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
It’s another avenue through which republicans weaponize the irrational fear a number of whites have about being “replaced” as well as a shiny new avenue through which republicans hope to hold onto the notion of “white supremacy.”
02:15 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
Thanks for this

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}