Lopa
A
Ok I gave #DaisyJonesAndTheSix a change. Watched 6 episodes. I loved the book and couldn't quite put my finger on why the show isn't working for me. Then it hit me! Outside of the changes they've made, it feels like a story about Boomers written for the Taylor Swift generation! It doesn't quite fit!
04:20 PM - Mar 10, 2023
Garth Gersten
A
In response to Lopa.
Have not read the book. But the show is (mostly) working for me. Four episodes in - and the men are all idiots (except for record producer Teddy Price) and the women are all smart, knowing and inciteful.
11:51 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Lopa
A
Yeah, if I can separate the book and the show in the mind, the show is not bad at all. But it just doesn't live up to the book. The women in the book were just as amazing though! That was the best part!
In response to Garth Gersten.
08:40 AM - Mar 21, 2023
Garth Gersten
A
In response to Lopa.
Finished the series. It kind of got better for me (Spouse liked it more than I did). But, even if the ending were suggested by the book, I didn't like the presentation. Too much like How I Met Your Mother - whose ending I did not like!
01:28 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Lopa
A
In response to Garth Gersten.
Yes! In my book review that I did when I first read the book back in 2019, I had mentioned that to me this book got right what HIMYM did not. I liked the way it left it ambiguous plus it was like when they were in their 70s! I HATED the ending of the show which was exactly like HIMYM!
02:01 PM - Apr 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}