Badlydone Emma
A
Y’all understand we’re going to have to bust our butts even harder in 2024, right. This country will not survive a republican president. Hell, we’re barely hanging on with a GOP House. Nothing is getting done. So saddle up and get ready. We’re playing this game from the local level on up.
11:32 PM - Mar 21, 2023
Raine Hyatt
A
In response to Badlydone Emma.
If your plan is to vote more, then you've already lost.
11:33 PM - Mar 21, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
Voting is all we have in the end. Before the voting is when the phone banking and volunteering need to happen.
In response to Raine Hyatt.
03:27 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Raine Hyatt
A
In response to Nevada Jones.
Supreme Court rules here in a few weeks that state legislatures have the right to overturn election results and proclaim anyone the winner.
Voting is about to become a thing of the past. Might behoove you to get caught up on current events and start formulating a plan B
09:49 AM - Mar 22, 2023 (Edited)
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Raine Hyatt.
I can't imagine you want to help fascists, but that's exactly what discouraging people from voting does. Turning out in undeniable numbers, like we did in 2020 and 2022 is all we've got. Calls for some vague alternative (such as..?) just encourage fatalism.
11:33 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Badlydone Emma
A
In response to Nevada Jones.
Thank you!!

How people live in a democracy and don’t have a grasp of civics is beyond me.
08:22 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Badlydone Emma.
As full of holes as my education was, I did have a civics class in high school. And as flawed as it was, it gave me a grasp of how it works. I wish civics was every bit as required as any math or grammar in school . It's just a "how to be a citizen" class.
11:20 AM - Mar 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}