Dom Dotta
A
What the right see as companies going “woke” is just capitalism. As acceptance and tolerance grows and society moves more progressive these previously repressed groups start to grow and companies see $$. This happened in the 70’s as well with black people. Corps. Are only interested in your pockets.
02:09 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Cheryl G-S
A
In response to Dom Dotta.
Like the human construct of Democracy, Capitalism can become more perfect. I know the goal is to increase market share but I welcome most of today’s diverse marketing messages. I think Capitalism isn’t inherently bad; instead it’s our culture's extreme love of money, fear of scarcity & distrust. 🐳
03:09 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Cheryl G-S.
But the stated goal of capitalism is to increase profit. How can that goal co-exiat with human rights? If we change the goal, then it isn't capitalism anymore.
10:45 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Cheryl G-S
A
For all businesses, profit is necessary! Profits let you save for slow times & for unexpected expenses. Without profit, there’s almost no cash flow. Profit lets businesses buy inventory & supplies, pay loans, recoup startup costs, buy equipment, do research & development, expand operations, etc 1/2
In response to Scarab Rose.
08:13 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Cheryl G-S
A
But in business (or Capitalism), does profit have to be one of the few goals? The be-all & end-all? I think it’s a system that can be improved upon.🐳

2/2
08:20 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
I agree, but then it's not capitalism, it is something else. By definition, the legal requirement of a corporation under capitalism is to increase profit for the shareholders.
10:25 AM - Feb 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}