Minnie the Pooh
A
In response to Ron Castka.
Love this.
12:23 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Ron Castka
A
In response to Minnie the Pooh.
Screaming Tom, a little wild tomcat who sneaks in to eat and will allow a pet or two if treats are being dispensed.
11:25 PM - Mar 23, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
You’re like the best artist on here. Could you hashtag your posts and add ALT texts with descriptions and medium, etc.?
11:53 PM - Mar 23, 2023
Ron Castka
A
SUre, I'm usually posting in odd spare moments and it's kind oif stream of thought when it gets going...is there a hashtag you would recommend. As for the medium, they are all initially digital. Photos get preprocessed with several editors and AIs and then turned into these.
12:01 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
Do you then paint them? I photoshop and then paint when the images look about right to me. Some hashtags to use are #spoutibleart and #SpoutibleArtist
12:06 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Ron Castka
A
Once it looks interesting or someone want to see it on "stuff" I see how refined I can get the final version, which I then load to redbubble. Usually when I'm done it's anywhere from a 50 to 150 meg file.
12:22 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
So these are all digital? Cuz some of them really look like they’re painted. Like this one.
12:26 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Ron Castka
A
Yes. Steps involved are roaming around taking pics of the cats, or using thiscatdoesnotexist.com to get a base pic. I then preprocess with photo and paint to sharped and adjust light. Sometimes I make the background transparent. Then I start using tools like the Deep Dream Generator and that 1/x
12:36 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
#digitalart seems to have a lot more posts. That might be a good one to use.
I did honestly wonder what medium you used cuz some pieces are so intricate and some have really good blending though they didn’t look like oils.
12:39 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Ron Castka
A
I like to "texture" myself so I use all sorts of styles and collages to get the effect. This was made with a picture of Big Blackie and a picture of the rafters and tin in the roof of my barn.
12:47 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
I think the first piece I saw of yours on here was the heavy impasto one. I was so convinced that one was acrylics. I find that even working on photoshop can be laborious and most of the time I don’t like the result. So something like this must take hours.
12:51 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Ron Castka
A
What takes the most time is taking hundreds of pictures and then finding the 3 or 4 that can be preprocessed and then run after run with the style software. 85% of the pictures won't work; 10% are okay. 5% is about as good as I can get it.
12:55 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
My sister used to say that I was cheating cuz I used photos (some wee mine and some were CC licensed and permitted) to start. But little do people understand how long it takes to get images to look the way you want. And it’s just one of many tools one can use.
01:02 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Ron Castka
A
Getting the right picture to look got is an art. A frustrating one too.
01:07 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
Totally agree.
01:10 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Ron Castka
A
Here's a close-up I took of horse-gnawed wood to use as a template. It had to be enhanced and preprocessed, as did the picture I blended with it, of a rescue kitten in my mailroom. My neighbors think I'm nuts, crawling around taking close-ups of gravel and leaves and dead grass.
01:19 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
I actually like all three. I’d paint that first one of just the wood. Although sometimes I wonder if we’ve run out of things to paint.
01:26 AM - Mar 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}