Joanna
A
Mass shootings don't happen in other developed countries. The few times they did, automatic weapons were banned. People don't walk around armed - it's illegal. NONE of us think about guns. This bloodthirstiness, killing psychosis, this primitive obsession with phallic symbols is uniquely American.
Mindy Lou @MindyLou
My children are home from school today because the district decided they needed a mental health day to deal with all the shootings in our schools (2 nearby just this month).

Meanwhile, Reps are banning Drag Queen Story hour to “protect our children”.

Beyond asinine.
04:49 PM - Mar 24, 2023
02:29 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Joanna.
It's an acute GOP gun fetish & given their base's lack of education & propensity towards violence as a means of protest, we all stand in danger. That is unless/until "We the People.." finally vote for enough gun safety law makers in the Senate to overcome the filibuster or discharge w/it entirely..
10:56 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Joanna
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
and what if all that happens, new laws are signed, and the Supreme Court strikes them down, as with Roe. You need more Justices, accountability instead of immunity for those Justices, and they shouldn't be allowed a life term.
01:03 AM - Mar 27, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Joanna.
Guns don't kill people, Republicans do. With guns.

#GunControl
#BanTheRepublicanParty
04:41 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Joanna
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I understand your point but guns Do kill people - it's what they were made for - killing. No one needs a gun, except perhaps shotguns for those in remote rural areas. The NRA hijacked & rewrote the 2nd Amendment. https://www.politico.com/m...
05:57 AM - Mar 25, 2023
allwen6
A
In response to Joanna.
I'm Australian, very strict gunlaws here when my husband and I hiked the Appalachian Trail we were horrified that a very young man, 18 or 19yrs old pulled out a handgun and sat nursing it by the campfire. Not a soul commented, it was normal for them. Scared us silly, sleepless night in the tent
04:19 AM - Mar 25, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}