Joanna
A
Mass shootings don't happen in other developed countries. The few times they did, automatic weapons were banned. People don't walk around armed - it's illegal. NONE of us think about guns. This bloodthirstiness, killing psychosis, this primitive obsession with phallic symbols is uniquely American.
Mindy Lou @MindyLou
My children are home from school today because the district decided they needed a mental health day to deal with all the shootings in our schools (2 nearby just this month).

Meanwhile, Reps are banning Drag Queen Story hour to “protect our children”.

Beyond asinine.
04:49 PM - Mar 24, 2023
02:29 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Joanna.
Guns don't kill people, Republicans do. With guns.

#GunControl
#BanTheRepublicanParty
04:41 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Joanna
A
I understand your point but guns Do kill people - it's what they were made for - killing. No one needs a gun, except perhaps shotguns for those in remote rural areas. The NRA hijacked & rewrote the 2nd Amendment. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/nra-guns-second-amendment-106856/
In response to Anton Brakhage.
05:57 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Joanna.
"Guns don't kill people, people do" was a slogan of gun rights/"self-defence" nuts. I was deliberately mocking it, and them.

While I don't support a total ban on firearms, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Civilian assault rifles, especially with no restrictions or background checks? Fuck that.
06:02 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Joanna
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
ah sorry - wasn't concentrating - need more coffee. In the rest of the world (where I am), we can't see a reason for the average citizen to have a gun. Laws are strict, permits heavily scrutinised. That's why no one gets shot while shopping, at the cinema or concert, church or school.
06:17 AM - Mar 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}