Aviral Vatsa
A
Flu and COVID waves. Any thoughts? Should we be worried? Remember longcovid worsens after each infection?
12:17 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Aviral Vatsa.
But transmission is respiratory as will be incidence of new cases. The mass disability due to covid-19 is a different beast that we are not ready for
04:38 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Since I am an epidemiologist I want more years of data before making any calls, but I bet it will end up being seasonal like most droplet/airborne diseases. It is just a questio of the number of peaks per year
12:24 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Aviral Vatsa
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
A difference however is that this virus impacts almost all systems of the body and not just respiratory.
03:26 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Pam Fulkerson
A
I’m very worried. But I am also one of the few people I know still masking and avoiding crowded indoor spaces. Am I overreacting? I read these and other articles and frankly I find it terrifying.
12:21 PM - Mar 25, 2023
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Pam Fulkerson.
I don't think you're overacting. I just typed the words Long Covid into PubMed. Over 25K articles in 3 years and we still don't understand it or have any effective treatments. Acute Covid is devastating but the unknown of Long Covid is frightening.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.ni...
03:34 AM - Mar 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}