Quancy Clayborne
A
In a democracy, there will be a winner and a loser. Your role is to determine the outcome by voting.

I think most people get that.

But what many don't get is that if you DON'T VOTE regardless of what excuse you use, you are in effect saying you are OK with whoever wins.
03:22 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Andi Cougevan
A
In response to Quancy Clayborne.
In Louisiana, there are 3-5 elections per year. We’re poll workers. In our precinct in the April 29 election, the ONLY thing on the ballot is a renewal of the Coroner’s tax. I’ll be amazed if turnout hits 10%. Democrats don’t run in Republican districts and people don’t vote.
03:35 PM - Mar 30, 2023
David 1914
A
IMO, how “democracy” is practiced in this country is based on a two party system … which are more similar than they are different. So if you political beliefs lie outside of these two parties, you are likely not OK with either candidate/party but your choices have been explicitly limited.
12:17 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Yvette
A
It’s nice to see you on here. We followed each other on Twitter for a long time. I got locked out of my main account and had to make a new one. Then Twitter started getting even more MAGA crazy! Anyway, Welcome!
03:48 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Dave Painchaud
A
It might mean you’re okay with whomever wins, but it might also mean you aren’t okay with either candidate - that neither can win your vote. I believe in voting - I think you should do it, but I understand abstention. Bush vs Dukakis 1988… I just couldn’t do it.
03:34 PM - Mar 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}