Cory Callewaert
A
Explained to my kids how when I was younger we couldn’t just listen to any song ever at anytime, we had to listen to a radio station that probably played that song and wait, and hope. The pity in their faces was like mine when my grandma told me she had to separate tissue plies during the Depression
11:32 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Josef Konrad
A
In response to Cory Callewaert.
I used to have a generic clock radio/cassette player that was always at the ready, with record and pause pressed down, so that I could tape my favorite songs off the radio. The countdown shows made it particularly easy to get all the hits, though the niche alt/indie radio shows were my jam.
07:18 AM - Apr 28, 2023
dmark
A
In response to Cory Callewaert.
I'm 71 and every time I think about that I have literally every book, every song, every bit of knowledge, damn, every restaurant menu! in my pocket, it amazes me. I can't relate to a 20 something who never had anything else.
11:39 PM - Mar 25, 2023
dmark
A
In response to dmark.
And all you olds, remember Dick Tracy's "Two way wrist radio"?
When I get a call, i look at my watch to see who it is.
11:45 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Cory Callewaert
A
In response to dmark.
We try to take full advantage of it, I would never be able to afford the ability to play so many different types of music for them; during breakfast at kitchen counter while I make lunches it’s Music Appreciation time, they dig it, and have opinions… They’d make good critics
11:47 PM - Mar 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}