Christopher Bouzy
A
As more people join, this will become less of a problem. I will see if we can do something to limit it. However, we are trying not to mess with the timeline so we don't influence what you see.
Tanya Frantzen @Weematanya
Hi @cbouzy ! I love it here. The beta is improving daily and it is amazing! One thing i would love is if in the timeline when people retweet the same thing it doesn't show up repeatedly. I don't even know how this would work, but right now it is the thing that's bugging me. THANK YOU!!
01:12 PM - Mar 25, 2023
01:32 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Bob Throckmorton
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
It seems unlikely that this will improve with more users. Already, I'm having to unfollow certain accounts to rid my timeline of the relentless parade of redundant echoes.

Giving us the option to exclude from our timelines any echoes of spouts by accounts we already follow would be a good start.
02:07 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Nomad Road
A
I don't know. I like to see what's trending and the 24/7 news cycle and dangerous talking points kind of requires us to know what is coming to the fore in the news.
The GOP is passing legislation so fast we have to be alert and massive amplification is almost necessary.

we can deal with it
In response to Bob Throckmorton.
05:00 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Bob Throckmorton
A
In response to Nomad Road.
I don't need mass repetition in my timeline to see what's trending, nor do I want an echo chamber of perspective. To me, the clutter of repetition is deleterious to informed engagement on any topic.

You see it differently. I get that, which is why the suggested filter would have to be optional.
09:15 AM - Mar 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}