Charlotte Clymer
A
Folks do know that David Koresh raped numerous teenage and pre-teen girls in his cult, right? He was a rapist. He called these girls his "wives" and raped them. Girls as young as 11. I know there's this bizarre effort to paint him as a martyr, but he raped children.
05:39 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Charlotte Clymer.
Oh, I remember that very well indeed. It's what helped me understand Christian white nationalism later. Power and "purity" are their calling cards. It makes child abuse and inbreeding inevitable.
03:35 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Michele Fuchik
A
He’s no different than Warren Jeffs. They are cult leaders who are narcissistic pedophiles. They convince followers to think they are God’s chosen representative. That gives them the opportunity to prey on the followers and their children. So gross!🤢
09:30 AM - Aug 03, 2023
JZS Samm
A
Good grief. People are trying to make Koresh out to be anything but a monster? What's next? Jim Jones? Y'all Qaeda's efforts to normalize extremism just never ends.
09:29 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
*because
02:41 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
That damned pedo is no martyr.
11:53 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Cody Pendant
B
The kind of people who wish to paint him as a martyr are trying to make that legal.
07:52 PM - Jul 14, 2023
Pam Barone
A
Some more facts about Koresh, publicly available but not exactly stressed in news coverage. He used the congregation as a cover for his illegal gun dealing, even preaching that they were supposed to fight a war against who-knows-what. ATF screwed up, but Koresh really was a monster.
07:58 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Campaigning at Waco, while celebrating Jan. 6th, was a promise.

Women and little girls r*ped by a cult leader who wages war against the government, while his followers die for him, before he burns it all down? That's Trump.

A continent-sized Waco. That's Trumpism's vision of America's future.
03:16 AM - Mar 27, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
It’s striking how these barbarians are literally looking for the most depraved members of society, the sickest events, to tell the biggest lies. Why should they stop at Karesh? will Jim Jones be the next hero? These MAGA cultists have & WOULD drink the koolaid - the phrase is no longer a metaphor
11:18 AM - Mar 27, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
and their parents let him. They DELIVERED their children to him.

but culty assholes want to tell me how to live my life...the fucking gall
02:49 AM - Mar 27, 2023
George Carlin Was Right
A
That's not really a big deal at all to elected Republicans or Texans for the most part. Evil yes, but there's a reason Rump went there first, these are his people and there are millions of them. It is a cult and this is where his base lives.
06:12 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Sheilah Hayden
A
What the fuck is going on with this rehabilitation of David Koresh? Because who the fuck is paying for that?
06:06 PM - Mar 26, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Sheilah Hayden.
if i had to guess - republicans
02:48 AM - Mar 27, 2023
George Bishop
A
for the GQP, that's a feature, not a bug. their end goal seems to be white males get to do whatever they want to whomever they want whenever they want.
06:00 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Max Prophet
A
Not to diminish your own observations, but the abuse of women and minors happens in almost all cults. "Warren Jeff's Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints" for example.
05:57 PM - Mar 26, 2023
jenn ○f many things
A
In response to Max Prophet.
All pedophile culture leaders matter. Is that what you are saying? I think that is what we are hearing you say. I apologize, if not.
08:16 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Speaking of Jeffs, lead Republican propagandist Tucker Carlson defended him.

This is the party of "grab them by the p*ssy". Of child marriage. Of making 10 year olds carry their r*pist's baby.

The sexual abuse is part of the appeal.

A continent-sized Waco. That's Trumpism's vision of America.
03:13 AM - Mar 27, 2023 (Edited)
Mindy Lou
A
It makes sense why republicans love him.
05:52 PM - Mar 26, 2023
CShoecraft_1928
A
Great point Charlotte. A lot of folks may not know because that part of the story is usually omitted.
05:49 PM - Mar 26, 2023
dmark
A
Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City as a protest to Koresh’s death. Killing 168.
For Trump to campaign in Waco on the anniversary is a call out to all white supremacists.
Next they’ll be signing Horst Wessel Lied.
05:48 PM - Mar 26, 2023
Kat Among Pigeons
A
In response to dmark.
And the investigation into the end of that standoff indicated that the fire that killed people at Waco was probably set by the Branch Davidians themselves. ATF & FBI did not have clean hand for sure but survivors had accelerants in their clothing and the fire broke out in 3 places.
05:55 PM - Mar 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}